Tuesday, February 10, 2009

hokay, so, here's my blog

When I told my friends I was taking a fashion class, they laughed. This was a less-than-encouraging reaction for someone who's trying to learn more about online communications, but when aimed at me, it seems fairly appropriate. I am most comfortable in sweatpants and an old t-shirt. My socks have holes in them. I didn't buy a pair of leggings until well after the trend had come (and gone?), and even now I wear them only when it's cold, and with trepidation.

I'm not a fashionista by any means. But I think I know what looks good. I read Go Fug Yourself regularly and can spot a fashion faux pas a mile away. And with that, I start this blog exploring vintage and thrift store style -- a vein that I feel I fall into, or at least wish I could fall into more often (since I'm currently wearing a t-shirt leftover from the second grade, I think I'm qualified).

I'll comb the interwebs and the mean streets of Syracuse and report back to you. All you have to do is read, enjoy, and hum "The Sweater Song" before you click away (before you click awa-a-ay -- Weezer reference, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?).

No comments:

Post a Comment