Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All That Jazz

One more Oscars post and I am done, I swear. (Do I make a convincing recovering addict?)

I had to comment on this after my friends and I were absolutely stunned while watching Sunday's telecast. Many have already discussed the much-maligned musical medley, which, although put together by the brilliant Baz Lurhman, was fairly disappointing and disorienting. But no one (to my knowledge) has talked about Beyonce's fashion faux pas (and no, I don't mean her reported nip-slip) during that number: the unfortunate placement of the hanging sequins on her bedazzled leotard.


That's...a really awkward place to have red things streaming down. Just...wow. Sure, that may be gross to point out, but let's be honest: now that you see it, you can't think of anything else, right? That was exactly my thought process while watching this number. Once I saw it, I was horrified, but transfixed. I couldn't look away.

Obviously, this outfit was supposed to be an homage to classic dance costumes from the golden age of musicals in the early decades of the 1900s. But...could we maybe have done without this particular flourish? Gives a whole new meaning to "paint the town red." *Shudder*

(Thanks to Winners Use Drugs for the photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment